Untuk rekan-rekan KMI-S yang insyaAllah mendambakan kejayaan dan kemajuan Islam, mendambakan semakin mendominasinya kebaikan /al-Haq diatas kebathilan, dalam tulisan ini akan diberikan beberapa kutipan dari buku Dr. Umar Chapra yang bisa dikunjungi pada laman Muslim Civilization: Causes of Decline and the Need for Reform. Kita coba ambil juga pelajaran yang sesuai dengan kondisi kita saat ini.
Di bab terakhir berjudul “The Need for Reform” beliau memberikan subjudul “The Role of Islamic Movements”. Singkatnya dalam poin-poin berikut ini:
– Their first and foremost priority needs be to educate people about the high moral standards that Islam expects from its followers.
– This is the stepping-stone for the Islamization of their societies, without this, the light that they wish to project to their societies will not have the lustre that is needed. (lustre = kilau)
– The Islamic state they wish to establish is not possible without the minimum level of moral uplift that Islam envisages.
– If they can succeed in changing the character of a sufficient minority, the rest will tend to follow.
– The Qur`an states: “How often has a small group overcome, by the will of God, a large one” / (wa kam min fi-atin qoliilatin gholabat fi-atan katsiratan bi-idznillah) [QS Al Baqarah ayat 249]
– Toynbee has also asserted that: “All growth originates with creative individuals or small minorities of individuals, and their tasks is… the conversion of the society to this new way of life.” (dari buku Toynbee, Arnold J. (1957), A Study of History, abridgement by D.C. Somervell (London: Oxford Univ. Press).
– Once the creative minority has shown its worth, the rest of the people will find it worthwile to follow them.
– The immediate task of the Islamic movements is, therefore, to establish their worthiness, and to gain respect and regard for themselves among not only their own masses but also around the world. Lanjut baca